We Recommend That You Bring:
- Rubber boots (bring your own our purchase on farm. $20)
- Tall socks (above half calf, like football/soccer socks)
- Lightweight working pants and shirts
- Bathing suit
- Notebook and pen
- Gardening work gloves
- Personal medical supplies
- Flashlight or headlamp, for off-farm use (solar lamps are provided for on-farm use)
- Beach towel (you'll be supplied with towels for showering on the farm)
- A device to read PDF files (we have a large digital library)
Notes On Our Climate:
- This is a tropical humid forest, where it can rain at any time.
- Temperatures range from a nighttime low of 24°C (75°F) to a daytime high of 32°C(90°F)
- Be prepared for these conditions: hot, humid, rainy and muddy, so plan to bring plenty of socks.
- Umbrellas are essential. Rain jackets in tropical weather can become hot and humid and are not recommend for on-farm use.
- During times of extreme rain/humidity things can grow mold, especially leather but potentially anything, so avoid bringing items with fabrics/surfaces that can't be easily cleaned.
Optional Items to Consider Packing:
- iPod, Mp3 players, speakers
- Musical instrument(s)
- Rain coat (for travel)
- Snorkel mask and fins
- Water bottle(s)