A research station located on the caribbean coast of costa rica with natural buildings, food forest and organic gardens, where students and interns can learn about sustainable living, regenerative agriculture, acuaculture and ecological design through hands-on experience, so they can share with the world the new techniques for a sustainable global future.
THE LOCATION (Natural Building OFF GRID)
- Located near a small river and within walking distance from amazing beachs and situated in our regenerative homestead and forest farm
- The education center is 100% solar powered, totally off the grid, and harvest both rainwater and natural spring water, with gravity-fed water supply.
- The infrastructure consists in a beautiful bamboo and leaf thatch kitchen, a dinning area with a mud oven, the class area and a chill out space.
- Finca Tierra's exotic accommodations are both private bamboo cabinas and a bunkhouse with great views.
- We have biological flush toilets where the black waters go to a biodigester, and the waste is processed to be sent back into the food forest system, making it a perfect close loop nutrient cycle
- Our showers hot water works with a thermo composting system, providing hot water for students as well as providing high quality compost for the organic vegetable gardens.
Farm -to- table
We LOVE cooking! our food foresta nd gardens supply most of the produce and products used in our amazing organic farm-to-table meals EXOTIC FOOD, MANY YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD OF.